The red and yellow cherry tomatoes add a great pop of color to this pasta dish! Perfect year round, but especially for summer, this pasta salad is sure to stand out from the rest!
- 1 pound red and/or yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 16 - ounce package dried rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls or cubed fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange the tomato halves, cut sides up, in a foil-lined baking pan. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, and salt; drizzle with the 1/4 cup olive oil. Roast the tomatoes, uncovered, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown and shriveled. Set aside. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl whisk together the 1/3 cup olive oil, the vinegar, and pepper. Then, add the warm pasta to a bowl; toss to coat. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and any drippings from the pan, the mozzarella, and basil to the pasta. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.