Health Benefits and Uses of Pecan Oil
Pecan oil is a natural edible oil derived from pecan kernels. Used mostly for cooking purposes, pecan oil also boast a wide range of uses and benefits.
These are some of the health benefits of pecan oil:
- Digestive health: Pecan oil helps promotes colon health and regulate bowel movements.
- Bone and tooth health: Pecans are rich in phosphorus, which is one of the most plentiful minerals in the body. Phosphorus, along with calcium and magnesium, help promote healthy bones and teeth.
- Skin health and repair: Pecans contain zinc and vitamins A and E, which play an important role in maintaining healthy skin. The zinc helps keep skin healthy, while the vitamins help give you a clear complexion. Pecan oil also helps from premature aging.
- Preventing iron deficiency: Pecans are high in iron which can help prevent conditions such as anemia.
- Blood pressure regulation: The high magnesium levels in pecans help to lower blood pressure, plus pecans also have good anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cardiovascular health: Pecans are a rich source of fiber, which reduces the risk of heart disease. Monounsaturated fats, are also found in pecans and pecan oil. These are excellent for the health of coronary arteries and for the prevention of strokes.
- Immune system support: Pecans contain manganese, which is a very powerful antioxidant and is great for enhancing your immune system.