TOMATO BASIL AVOCADO MOZZARELLA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING
Another great summer recipe, this simple tomato and basil salad uses just a few ingredients: tomatoes, fresh basil, avocado, Mozzarella cheese, and easy homemade balsamic dressing. It's healthy and delicious and makes a great side dish for any meal!
- 1/2 pound red grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 1/2 pound yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 2 avocados , diced
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil , chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey , warmed
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, except the Mozzarella cheese balls. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients: whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey until nice and smooth. Then, add the salad dressing to the large bowl with salad, sprinkle with a small amount of salt, and toss to combine. Taste and season with more salt, if needed. Add Mozzarella cheese balls on top only at this point, so they don't turn brown from the dressing.