2 shallow pie shells (Pet-Ritz)
3 large eggs
1½ cups light Karo syrup
½ cup sugar
2 T. plain flour
⅛ tsp. salt
2 T. melted butter, cooled
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2½ c. Lightly Toasted Pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325º
2. Remove pie shells from freezer, separate and allow to come to room temperature.
3. Beat eggs with mixer until frothy.
4. Add syrup and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
5. Add butter. Mixing until blended.
6. Stir together the flour, sugar, and salt, until lumps are removed.
7. Add to syrup mixture. Mix thoroughly.
8. Spread 1¼ cups of chopped nuts in each of the two pie shells.
9. Slowly pour syrup mixture over the nuts, dividing equally.
10.Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to over bake.
11.Cool completely before slicing. Cover and refrigerate to store.